Thursday, November 17, 2011

Bar-B-Que Beef

This bar-be-que sauce is also excellent on pork ribs cooked in the crock pot!

My Dad's Bar-B-Que Beef

1 lb. thinly sliced beef (raw, or leftover roast works well, too)
2 T. vegetable oil
1 T. onion flakes
1/2 c. ketchup
1/2 t. chili powder
1/3 c. water
1 t. mustard
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. vinegar
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. brown sugar


Brown beef in oil. Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over rice.






 I love that my mom & dad's recipe for this has caught so many drips over the years that the previously white index card looks like aged parchment! I also love the story of how my mom once mistook the vanilla bottle for the vinegar and this came out smelling funny and tasting very gross :)


No comments:

Post a Comment