Wednesday, November 16, 2011

White Bean Chicken Chili


White Bean Chicken Chili

This recipe is absolutely amazing.  It was introduced to me by my friend Kim Nelson at girls' night last fall and I've craved it on a regular basis ever since!  I wanted my parents to try it, so I made a crock pot of it for them one day to share with my grandparents.  My sister, Joy, happened to be over there just as it was ready and gave it a taste.  She loved it so much that she immediately called me from their house to get the recipe so she could make it that night for dinner! I don't know that I'd really call it a chili if I were to name it, I think something along the lines of "Creamy Southwest Chicken Soup."

1 Tbs. olive oil
1 & 1/2 lbs. chicken, cut in small pieces
     OR the meat from a rotisserie chicken (my favorite way to go)
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely minced

Cook the above together in a skillet until chicken is cooked through and the onions are translucent.  (If using rotisserie chicken, just cook onion & garlic.  Also, I like to cook the onions untill they start to brown.)  Add this to crockpot along with:

2 (15 oz.) cans great northern beans
1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
1/2 tsp. tobasco
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. cumin

Stir to combine and cook at least three hours on low.  Just before serving, mix in:

1/2 cup heavy cream
1 cup sour cream

Enjoy!  Makes 4-5 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment